The government has stopped governing and parties of all persuasions will be ramping up the propaganda to get us to vote for them next month. No doubt those charged with corruption willl be making a last raid on the offices we have provided for them and making off with anything they can lay their hands upon. Ebay will be busy!
When driving around the locality I see how our taxes have been squandered. Here are a few examples…
excessive signage for bicycles
fencing obscuring drivers view of the junction
de-restricted speed sign on a very short road
de-restricted sign on what is little more than a cart track!
- Chicane built on a bend in Fernbank Road near ‘Daisies’ and then removed.
- Chicane built on the brow of a hill in Fernbank Road and then removed
- Traffic calming in Great Hollands constructed and then removed
- Bus gate in Birch Hill constructed and then removed due to local protests
- Poles put up for road signs when another pole is very close by resulting in extra road furniture.
- National speed limit signs put up when there is no chance of reaching 60mph in a car. These have been erected on bridleways, cul-de sacs and beneath ‘No Motor Vehicle ‘ signs
- ‘No Pedestrians’ sign erected on a footpath by a seat and bus stop by Lyndale nursing home, this was removed a few months later.
- Corrogated road surfaces placed by houses and old people’s homes designed to slow traffic but kept residents awake at night because of the noise.
- Large ugly barrier erected at the ‘Sperry’ roundabout.
- Traffic lights wired to deliberately stop the traffic when the road is empty.
- 20mph speed limits erected before a series of junctions with 30mph signs after them. The absurd road signs lasted over a year before being removed.
Crazy waste or what?