Trailer Training & Test
Many drivers do not realise that they need to pass a test to pull their horseboxes or car trailers.
Trailer training – £150 per session ( 3 to 4 hours )
A good driver who needs to pass his trailer test should allow –
- One training session (as listed above).
- £115 test fee paid to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- £150 for the hire of the car and trailer for the driving test.
Thus the minimum sum needed to pass the test is £415. At popular times, such as at the weekend the DVSA will charge a higher rate. Additional training is on a per-session costing. There is no theory test requirement for the trailer test.
Minibus Training & Test
We do not have a minibus for the D1 test but training can be given in a vehicle provided. The call out rate is £25 per hour. Our minibus page will guide you through the process of getting your provisional license and passing the theory test.
It can be seen that the minimum cost to get the D1 entitlement on your licence is around £430. Inexperienced drivers will need extra training at £25 per hour.
- Medical examination from any GP (You may shop around for the cheapest) £100 – £150
- Theory test multiple choice questions £26
- Hazard perception test for bus and lorry drivers £11
- Practical driving test fee £115 – £141
- Hire of vehicle for the test if needed about £100
- My fee, £75 per session (3-4 hours)
Please phone us on 07917-666366 to discuss your requirements.
Prices correct at July 2017